EU CSF II
PROFILE OF EU-CSF-II PROJECT OF ERHA
Project title Integrated Watershed Development in Gura Watershed
Project Duration 24 Months
Targeted Group About 2000 rural households in seven Kebeles of Jeldu Woreda of Oromiya Region
Overall objective To contribute to the achievements of GTP and MDG targets of environmental and sustainable land management endeavours through the scaling up of integrated and community-focused approaches.
· To improve the capacity of local stakeholders on community based management & rural development practices,
· To promote implementation of sustainable watershed management practices ensuring natural resources conservation & increasing the groundwater potential of the catchment,
· To ensure access to sustainable potable water supply, health and sanitation to the target community,
Estimated results and Interventions
Result 1: Awareness of community leaders, local government officials on participatory sustainable watershed management practices & appropriate utilization of natural resources increased. Through supporting implementation of
· Train and sensitize 11,900 of men, women, girls & boys on sustainable watershed management practices and appropriate utilization of natural resources.
· Publish & distribute 4,000 educational NRM posters & brochures in local languages,
· Strengthen/establish community organizations of woreda watershed team (WWT) and kebele watershed team (KWTs),
Result 2: Capability of CBOs, CSOs and pertinent Woreda sector offices to plan, implement rural development activities improved, through supporting implementation of activities including
· ToT Training for 10 woreda sector offices staff, 49 KWT members & joint performance review & refresher course to community level SLM cadres organized on sustainable watershed management practices & appropriate utilization of natural resources,
· Organize experience sharing visits on similar endeavour for 24 members of W/K WTs,
· Develop MIS system, redesign & upgrade ERHA’s website as internal capacity building,
· Organize community policy dialogue on project implementation manual (PIM) for SLM practices in Ethiopia,
Result 3: Degraded lands conserved and vegetated through plantation and implementation of NRM practices, through
· Facilitate the establishment of two nurseries for reproduction of seedlings,
· Rehabilitate 50 ha of degraded land by the promotion of plantation of tree seedlings and grass species that are suitable for catchment,
· Raise and facilitate the planting and follow-up of 800,000 tree seedlings by the community,
· Promote construction of physical soil and water conservation structures,
Result 4: Access to potable water and sanitation services improved.
· Establish and train kebele /school level WASH Committees,
· Construct 20 spring water points in the seven kebeles of the woreda, train water caretakers and artisans on management, maintenance of water supply system.
· Distribute movable toilet slabs to selected 196 households
Result 5: Household off-farm income and livelihood of target beneficiaries increased.
Promote homestead horticulture and plantation by planting 750 homestead fruits and vegetables as well as 88 kilograms of vegetable seeds to targeted 250 households.
Get report of Community Dialogue from this link.