Vision, Mission and Objectives
The Ethiopian Rainwater Harvesting Association (ERHA) is a non-governmental and non-profit-motivated Ethiopian resident charity organization. ERHA was founded in 1999 by Ethiopian citizens who recognized the imminent challenges resulting from water shortage and initially registered with the Federal MoJ in December 2001; and later, re-registered as Ethiopian Residents Charity in 5th of November 2009. ERHA promotes rain water harvesting in Ethiopia through construction, advocacy, networking, research and capacity building of its stakeholders.
- To see rainwater resources is integrated and utilized as an alternative source of water to improve the livelihood of rural and urban communities.
- To facilitate and mainstream the widespread promotion of effective utilization of the rainwater resource as alternative source to address water needs of rural and urban communities in Ethiopia through capacity building, networking, research, demonstrations & knowledge management.
Major Objectives of ERHA
- Promotion and implementation of rainwater harvesting techniques;
- Policy advocacy;
- Addressing socio-economic issues affecting the promotion of rain water harvesting (RWH);
- Strengthening networking and partnership;
- Development of information management and communications systems for promotion of rain water harvesting (RWH);
- Institutional development.