- The Ethiopian Rainwater Harvesting Association (ERHA) is a non-governmental and non-profit-motivated Ethiopian resident charity organization.
- ERHA was founded in 1999 by Ethiopian citizens who recognised the imminent challenges resulting from water shortage and initially registered with the Federal MoJ in December 2001; and later, re-registered as Ethiopian Residents Charity in 5th of November 2009.
- Promotes RWH in Ethiopia through construction, advocacy, networking, research and capacity building of its stakeholders.
National & International networks to which ERHA is a member:
Constrium Christian Relief and Development Association (CCRDA): this includes
- Water and Sanitation Forum (WSF)
- Southern and Eastern African Rainwater Network (SEARNET),
- Greater Horn of Africa Rainwater Partnership (GHARP),
- International Rainwater Catchment Systems Association (IRCSA),
- International Rainwater Harvesting Alliance (IRHA),
- African Conservation Tillage Network (ACT).
Major current funding partners:
- Water Aid,
- British Council; CSSP (Civil Society Support Programme)
In the past years ERHA’s has been working with different Implementing Partners like
- Action for development (AFD),
- Agri Service Ethiopia (ASE,)
- Water Action,
- Harerge catholic Secretariat (HCS),
- Harar Water Supply and Sewerage Authority (HWSSA),
- Develop Family Together (DFT),
- Islamic Relief
- The Regional government Woreda Offices and Kebele administrative bodies,
- IWMI and ILRL etc